Most of the changes are hard to see, being in the archives. I decided to just get a start on this, not do a whole makeover, so I don’t have a lot of completed tasks, but here is what I did work on:
- Imported all the posts from two additional old blogs, The Almost Vegan Project and Affluenza Recovery (which didn’t have that many posts anyway)
- Worked on cleaning up the categories; previously, there were 140 or so, and now there are 34
- Put up a new Recipes page, but there are not a lot of links there yet
- Removed some of the posts marked Grammar Nazi. I have been thinking that I don’t like the Nazi reference for a while, and then this weekend I got a comment from someone who didn’t like one of my examples, and I decided to just take the posts down, mostly. Although my criticism of a picture caption was clearly about the use of commas in the sentence, and I in no way made fun of or belittled the people being referred to, I could have made my point without using the real names of the people involved. The story was tragic, and I should have known better than to use their names for a tangential point about grammar.* I did leave up one post that was largely about something else, but I edited the tags to take grammar nazi completely off the site.
This is a nice start on the plans I had when I moved to WordPress, but not so much as to be overwhelming. I will be coming back to put categories on the large number of posts I currently have Uncategorized, and I will probably do some category name changes and further consolidation. Also, due to the first two items on the list, there are now a lot more posts on the Menu Planning and Garden pages.
* Side note: I have never been called an insensitive prick before, and I couldn’t help but find it somewhat amusing given that my site clearly is written by a woman, even though the criticism was deserved. I can’t recall another time when I have felt chagrined, confused and amused in response to one sentence.